- Swimathon Home
- Swimathon Info
- Gift Aid
Help us make a splash in 2019
Last year the Swimathon raised £ for local charities
Help us to make this another successful year by entering a team and raising money through sponsorship
50% of your sponsorship money can be given
to your own organisation or the charity of your choice
(Rotary of Congleton have to approve your own organisation or charity choice under the rulings of the Charity Commission)
The Swimathon is a fun event, but the reason for taking part is to raise as much money as possible for the chosen local charities.
Register your team now
- You are invited to enter a team of between 2 -8 people and the event involves a team swimming continuously for 55 mins with only one member of the team swimming at a time.
- There will be many teams swimming quite independently of each other and there is no competing against each other.
- Swimming times are as follows:
Friday 4pm 5pm 6pm 7pm 8pm
Saturday 2pm 3pm 4pm 5pm 6pm
- This is a popular event so Register early to guarantee your swimming slot.
For 2019 the Rotary Club of Congleton’s Swimathon is supporting the following charities
Forget me Not Dementia Group
A group initially supported by the charity Congleton for Congleton and now to a degree by New Life Church. A very worthwhile group whose aim it is to provide respite and fun at their meetings for dementia suffers and their carers.
A charity that supports those who have just come out of care homes or foster care and are starting to live on their own. The charity provides voluntary mentors in the Congleton area to help these people.
How to make money and get Donations
- Create a Fundraising page
Press Fundraising button FUNDRAISE
This takes you to the Virgin Money Giving page
Follow instruction to create you online Pledge page
Email/Facebook/Twitter your potential sponsors
- Make a one-off donation
Press Donate button DONATE
- Download Sponsorship form
If you prefer to have a paper copy of the sponsorship form
Press this button DOWNLOAD
Print Sponsorship form
Send completed form with all monies to the Swimathon co-ordinator
Cheques made payable to: The Rotary Club of Congleton
GIFT AID – What is it?
- Gift Aid is one of the simplest and most effective ways of giving to charity.
- Using Gift Aid means that for every £1 you sponsor the charity you are supporting will receive an extra 25p from the Inland Revenue
- This means that a £10 Gift Said is worth £12.50 to the charity.
If your sponsors are tax payers please mention” Gift Aid” to them so that we can make more money for the charities